Packing Checklist for Childbirth
The big day is almost here! Here's a checklist to help you pack your childbirth suitcase so you don't forget anything.
What to Pack for You
- Medical records and pregnancy paperwork
- Lightweight, open-front delivery gown
- Two or three nightgowns that open in the front for easy breastfeeding
- Robe and a light sweater
- Comfortable slippers or sandals
- Disposable postpartum briefs
- Specific postpartum absorbent pads
- Clothes to wear home
- Your favorite snacks and drinks
- Phone charger and other electronics
- Toiletries, including toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, and moisturizer
- Makeup, if you like to wear it
- Breastfeeding supplies, such as nursing bras, breast pads, and nipple cream
- Your favorite herbal tea
What to Pack for the Baby
- Three changes of clothes, including bodysuit, pants, and socks
- Muslin blanket to swaddle the baby
- Travel System (Stroller with Car Seat Combo)
Tips for Packing for Childbirth
- Pack your suitcase a few weeks before your due date, so you have time to add anything you might forget.
- Label your suitcase with your name and the date of your due date.
- Pack a small bag to take with you to the hospital, with things you'll need right away, such as your toiletries, phone charger, and snacks.
- Ask your doctor or midwife for a list of specific items you'll need for childbirth.
Packing for childbirth can be a daunting task, but it's important to have everything you need when you arrive at the hospital. By following this checklist, you can be sure that you're prepared for the big day. And don't forget to relax and enjoy the journey!
For more tips on coming home with your newborn and how to approach it calmly. Visit this link.